There are so many great ways to get more involved in Dance Marathon! Check out the list below to learn more about the various ways you can help support DM!
Dancers are vital to the success of Dance Marathon because their energy and enthusiasm for helping the kids are at the heart of the event. If you like to have a great time with your friends while working for an important cause, then Dance Marathon is the event for you.
What does a dancer do?
- Registers for DM by joining a team or as an individual.
- Raises at least $100 for CMN St. Louis. Click here for fundraising tips and ideas!
- Attends the DM main event in November celebrate! Dance, play games, watch Wash.U. student groups perform, and, most importantly, meet the Miracle Kids of CMN St. Louis and see who your efforts support!
DMWUSTL has four different committees you can join if you'd like to be even more involved than a dancer!
Family and Community Committee
A chance to work with our Miracle Kids and Families! You will be working with our Family Relations Chair to plan and execute activities and events for our wonderful kids to build a strong connection between the Miracle Families and our Dance Marathon. Additionally, you will also serve as a liaison between Dance Marathon at Washington University and Dance Marathon at Ladue High School. You will also serve as buddies/liaisons during the event this coming November and play games, dance, and hangout with the kids and their families! You also will serve as a member of our general committee for DM 2017.
You will help bring the spirit and excitement to DM! Morale is the largest tradition of Dance Marathon and one of our largest committees! This committee is responsible for creating and leading a dance that is then taught to all of our participants throughout the event. In addition, committee members will also get to dress for theme hours, meet and interact with the miracle kids, and share their excitement for Dance Marathon throughout the year. Morale members are also vital to our event’s outreach efforts and will help with advertising, brainstorming new outreach methods, and generally working to promote the cause that is Dance Marathon on campus. You will also serve as a member of our general committee for DM 2017.
Really get an inside view of how our fundraising works and help us hit our goal for 2017! You will help with planning fundraising events (i.e. tabling, benefit nights, DM campus wide events) and helping provide dancers with resources on how to fundraise. Joining this committee is a great way to meet so many amazing people, build up a business and fundraising repertoire for your resume, and most importantly, to make an impact on the lives of so many children and families across the nation.You will also serve as a member of our general committee for DM 2017.
First Year Ambassadors
An opportunity to work closely with Dance Marathon Executive Board and develop leadership skills! You will attend meetings with our board, work on events and activities to cater to first year students, and serve as a Team Captain. Learn how an executive board works and also make your voice be a part of a campus tradition! You will work closely with our Dancer Relations chair throughout this year.
Founded in 1999, Dance Marathon at Washington University in St. Louis has supported thousands of families at St. Louis Children’s Hospital and SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Miracle Center. Through Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of Greater St. Louis, students, faculty, and alumni have raised over $1.7 million to benefit these two local children's hospitals. In celebration of the 20th event, DM is planning even more events and fundraisers to guarantee that more lives are touched. As the need for help grows, this year’s Dance Marathon can be a record setting celebration with the support and sponsorship of your business.
DMWUSTL Reach and Benefits
- 12 hours of direct exposure during the Marathon
- 1,000+ student dancers
- Yearlong exposure to a diverse group of 12,000 WashU students, 14,000 Wash. U. employees
- Increased visibility through placement of logo
- In mailing announcements to over 2,100 subscribers across the nation
- Visibility on over one thousand dancer t-shirts
- Logo placement DM website where thousands of donations are made
Levels of Sponsorship
Bronze: $150 - $499
- Certificate of Recognition
- VIP Passes
- Slides on day-of slideshow
- Name on DM t-shirts
Silver: $500 - $999
- All of Bronze level items plus
- Small logo on t-shirts
- Materials in Dancer Gift Bags
- Name and logo on website
- Facebook and Twitter mentions
Gold: $1,000 - $2,499
- All Silver level items plus
- Large logo on t-shirts
- Company logo on mailings to parents and students, etc.
- Wall sign on day-of
- All of Gold level items plus
- Sponsor a theme hour
- Promotional materials on day-of
- Presentation of check at event
- Speech at opening or closing ceremonies
Contact our Corporate Relations Chair Lauren Bendesky at email@example.com if you have any questions.